Monday, January 3, 2011

The year that flew by

Red Lory (Eos bornea) upper body preening feat...Image via Wikipedia


A new year has dawned, and a year since we were 'free'
I thought I'll get over, but I miss you, you see,
I know that birds don't talk, nor listen to heart's cry,
I didn't believe in sweet talk, I didn't even said good bye,

Engrossed with science and reason, I rationalized my cage,
a price for warmth and safety, as opposed to the vast inhuman space,
and yet its funny how I never talked to you, just listened to your songs,
my warmth was limited to the cage, not to the bird that was wronged.

yet the things are not the same, once you flew from the cage,
now I talk to the cage and the bird that once was,
and when the cage doesn't sing back, I get into a rage,
not on the cage, or the bird , but on the man that I once was.

I dream of talking cages or of being caged myself;
I want to talk with a bird for once, cant you help?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: